Rather than purchasing traditional cough drops which are loaded with poisonous materials and artificial flavors, you can make some of your own. These cough drops are not quite difficult to make, and can be customized to represent personal tastes and preferences. I really like adding essential oils to my natural treatments. They work with your bodys chemistry to help develop your immune system and help fight the bacteria & viruses
Peppermint essential oil includes the volatile oil menthol which helps soothe the bronchial and help facilitates sore throats. In addition, it has antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory insecticidal, antispasmodic and carminative properties.
The best way to Create Honey-Lemon Throat Lozenges: An Ideal Remedy for Cough, Throat & Mouth Health
- 5 oz uncooked honey
- About 2 tbs water
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil (where to locate)
- Zest of a single lemon
1. Mix honey, and water in a little saucepan. Heat on a low fire and bring the mixture to a boiling point.
2. Cover for 4 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and let cool for five full minutes.
4. Stir in peppermint essential oil and lemon zest.
5. Make use of a teaspoon to drop small levels of the mixture on the cookie sheet making certain to leave some space between them, because theyll distribute.
6. Let it harden. This may take about 30 minutes.
7. Let cool for 1/2 hour and shop in an airtight container. Keeps for 3-6 months in dry states.
In case you would like to find out more on the topic of Essential Oils, join my Essential Oils Facebook Group HERE